1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zack Hample: Still delusional, still pathetic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Jonesy, this guy brags about stealing foul balls from little kids. I haven't devoted entire threads to bashing him, but he's still a douche.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I didn't know who the fuck Zack Hample was until I read this thread.

Considering who started the thread and considering it contained the word, "Zack", I would have bet my life it was about Saved By The Bell.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

From the little I know of the collecting industry, the men usually have breasts and the women beards ...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

This isn't about the guy selling books (as you noted, who doesn't want to do that) or signing autographs. And maybe I'm too cynical to see the innocence in a 30-something enjoying a Peter Pan-ian existence.

But there's something wrong with a guy whose BLOG has his entire life in pictures. There's something wrong with a 30-year-old who thinks his classmates wanted a piece of HIM, well over a decade after the fact. No Zack. They wanted your signature b/c they wanted as many signatures as possible in the yearbook.

And this? I can understand how signing autographs COULD be a burden for A-list celebs, but I don't think it would ever get old for me, no matter how famous I could possibly be. I can't comprehend writing something that egomanical and delusional.

Posting about the guy was petty and for that I apologize. Doesn't change how I feel about the guy.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Comment on this: while I am annoying and/or ignorant at times, I don't engage in irritating OCD-like behavior. Nor am I a self-glorifying camera/media-hog who unabashedly pushes little kids out of the way to collect a stupid ball of cork, twine and horse-hide.

If I knew Hample the way you guys do, as in only through what I've read and watched, it would be no big deal. But try working with him five nights a week, seven months a year for the last three years. You think he's irritating and arrogant on his blogs? Shit, you don't know the half of it.

PS - Jonesy: I've never played softball before. Only baseball. Calm down, there.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Then tell him to fuck off.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

That's what I do to practically everyone I know. ;)

8. I like how we're throwing OCD around like it's some type of choice ... damn, obsessive compulsive people are just obsessed with being compulsive ... fuckers.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Sorry. You were wearing shorts in the picture. I didn't realize you were a member of the 1976 White Sox.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Were you checking out his ass, Jones?

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Me thinks so. Plus, I didn't realize there was a dress code for batting practice.

12. You really had a picture of yourself taking batting practice in your avatar?

Draft saved Draft deleted