1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zack Hample: Still delusional, still pathetic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Some of you may know this dweeb as the fucking dorky shit who goes to ballparks to catch foul and fly balls and collect autographs...even though he's 30. A little birdie sent this to me...clearly, he's going to be just as self-absorbed and pathetic in 2008. From the comments section on his BLOG!!!! in response to someone who asked what it's like for him to sign autographs:

You're welcome! Glad you got it back already. I always wanted to be famous when I was little, so I was definitely hoping that people would ask for my autograph. Part of that desire, I think, stemmed from the fact that my mother is an autograph dealer...and that I loved baseball and always wanted players to sign for me. So yeah, I always wanted to be on the giving end of autograph requests, but I wasn't sure it would ever happen. Even when other kids in school asked me to sign their yearbooks (not because I was famous, but just because they wanted a small part of ME), I was truly honored. Now it's a great feeling to be able to sign books for people every once in a while. I can understand how signing autographs COULD be a burden for A-list celebs, but I don't think it would ever get old for me, no matter how famous I could possibly be.

Who could write something like that??

Hey Zack, if you're reading this, you suck more than anyone else has ever sucked.

2. I hope he DOES read this AND sends you an autographed ball!

Zack, sign it: To Dickhead. ;) :D :-*

3. Well done, BYH, can I have your autograph?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

why of course Friend.

It never gets old, you know, giving people a little piece of ME.

5. I hope I'm your secret santa next year, so I can give you a little piece of Zack ...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better that than a firecracker!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Mr. Hample was the lone reason I did not attend a holiday party because I knew there was only a chance that the OCD-freak was going to be there. And he was. Zack, you seriously need to get some help, both psychologically and in growing up.

9. "My mother was an autograph dealer."
    They breed?!
    What a nightmare.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Without comment.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't quoting it a comment?

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

I've never understood the bashing Hample takes. He's a little out there, yeah, but at least he's doing what he wants to do, and he's not hurting anybody, and all I see in that blog post is the kind of honesty that most of us wish for. He's always wanted to sign autographs -- well, what kid didn't practice signing their name? I did. And now he's happy to sign copies of a book he wrote (and who here hasn't thought about writing a book?). The fact is, the guy actually does something about his dreams, and I respect that.

BYH, I like you a lot, but I gotta say the Hample thing seems petty and kind of mean.

And PhilaYank, you're the same guy who put a picture of his softball swing in his avatar with some chatter about perfection. Who's delusional?

Draft saved Draft deleted