1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zach Smith goes after Tom Herman on Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I couldn't finish it. My eyes began to glaze over when he started quoting doctors about the severity of the cancer suffered by the alleged accuser's mother. Absurd.
    There just isn't enough to justify this story at all.
    Side note: When Ohio State says it's considering legal action, it's grandstanding. No way they want to be deposed.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Mr. Herman is very lucky.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not really. Lucky is when you make $40,000 as a pipe fitter and pull that. Herman has spent a lifetime in the jock world surrounded by attractive women.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

And allegedly a lifetime Hall Pass to do what he wants.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jesus that was a gut punch to read. Very thorough reporting though.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Also, they can’t get the coals hot enough in hell for someone who sells out their daughter in favor of her abuser because almighty fooball.

Webster and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I hope Defector knows what they have in Diana Moscowitz. If not, let there be tons of great offers from other outlets coming her way.

Wouldn't it be nice if any of this came as a surprise? Shades of the shame at Penn when it comes to the Kabuki of the coverup in college sports.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This history was high on my list of reasons for divorcing the Jaguars when they hired Urban Meyer.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I don't knowing Defector will be a long term success, but the business model seems to be low overhead and straightforward. I do wonder if they have some sort of points or bonus system for carving up the pie.

I know that with law firms, the more complicated the partnership compensation is, the more conflict. As a new call I once stumbled upon an internal memo and was stunned at the pettiness and self -interest.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted