1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Aug 9, 2006.

?

So which jersey should it be

1. Eddie Harris

8.8%
  2. Jake Taylor

23.5%
  3. Roger Dorn

23.5%
  4. Pedro Cerrano

44.1%
  1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Isn't there a scene where Harry Doyle is wearing a jersey while calling a game?

That'd be a nice one to have. Forget everybody else, Doyle had the funniest lines in that movie.

Seen it 1,000 times and his "I don't know how these guys are laying off pitches that close" line still cracks me up.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

How 'bout a White Sox jersey with "Parkman" on the back?

Athletics jersey with "Rexler"?

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I've seen both Dorn and Vaughn -- this dude I met who had a Vaughn jersey got it from his smoking ass hot wife who was partying after a Tribe game and said a number of a times how much he owes her for it, good times -- so I'd say Harris. Cerrano is well known, but Harris would be a real conversation starter, I think.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You could always go the "Major League II" route...

Rube Baker - Rookie catcher who couldn't toss the freakin' ball back to the pitcher.
    Isuro Tanaka - One crazy dude.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"Juuuuust a bit outside."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Driven towards Central America. Tomlinson will need a visa to catch that one."

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

problem with the whole clue haywood jersey -- besides it being giving the yankees money -- is they don't have names on the back of their jersey, so you know, nobody would get the joke

last year we were at jacobs field and had this exact same discussion

we decided, like you, vaughn was too cliche

there was dorn, support, lou brown, eddie harris, cerano, all very good choices

we also were thinking larson, 20, the guy who actually did get cut

or, maybe pepper leach, the bench coach

if they would have had major league era jerseys you could personalize at the ballpark, i probably would have one today

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

A Mackey Sasser jersey would also work. ;D

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'd go with Lou Brown just becuase, well, he's Lou Brown. Get back to the guy on the other line about the whitewalls and think about it.

And, for the record, it'd be nearly impossible to get a Haywood jersey for two reasons: 1. It's the fucking Yankees. Who on God's green earth wants to spend money on a yankees jersey, unless some really rich guy likes the way it feels when he wipes his ass with it.

2. It'd take a very astute observer to get the reference, because there are no names on any Yankees jersey.

I vote for the Lou Brown jersey in the road gray.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"That's all we got, one goddamn hit?"

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

"This guy threw at his own son at a father-son game."

Draft saved Draft deleted