1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yunel Escobar -- What did his eyeblack say?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed, Jays were very very spoiled to have the very capable Jim Hughson followed by the truly outstanding Dan Shulman. Buck was a good colour guy but is terrible at PBP, wheezing his way through games, fucking up names, rambling on about his days as a shitty manager. Jays' radio duo of Jerry Howarth and Alan Ashby is much better.

2. DTSEPS

DTSEPS New Member

And now the Blue Jays know what Atlanta knew three years ago — Yunel Escobar is a s**t-head.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Great memories of listening Kubek in the booth ... he had a funny little laugh when he saw something strange or something he didn't like, right?

"A-heh. Heh. Heh. Heh. ... " Something like that. I thought he was a complainer when I listened to him as a kid, always paired with Curt Gowdy back then. Later I realized that he wouldn't pull any punches. ... And then he was gone.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He was the best. Jim Kaat comes in a close second in recent memory.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, what's Roger's Media going to think of his comments?

And, is he politicking for the job?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No idea what Rogers thinks although Beeston is probably not amused.

And I doubt Zahn wants the job.

The upside is that with the NHL lockout this pathetic incident deflects the pent-up anger Toronto fans have for Burke, MLSE and the Leafs. Hell, their longtime goalie coach Jacques Allaire just quit because of the toxic atmosphere.

Hate to say it, but I live in a fuckin' shitty sports town.

Draft saved Draft deleted