1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yuengling FINALLY coming to Ohio!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Jun 21, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

No more runs to PA for Ohioans...

http://beer.ohio.com/2011/06/yuengling-finally-coming-to-ohio/

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yuengling's porter is great, far and away their best product.

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Great. . . it comes to Ohio just as I am getting ready to leave.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

So about New England, people? Having suffered the taunt of seeing it listed on the menu at a Ruby Tuesday's last week, I'm a little more worked up about this slight than I was before.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Seriously? We've had it in Alabama for years. [/chortle]

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's been in Virginia for at least a decade.

7. btm

btm Member

I never understood the hype with Yuengling. It isn't a bad beer by any means, but I always see people act like it's the greatest thing out there.

I don't like the lager in bottles (maybe it is something about green bottles or clear ones for that matter), I think it's much better on tap.

Don't get me wrong, it is better than 95% of american macros but still...

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's in NY.

I don't think it is the greatest stuff on earth, but it's drinkable and cheaper than a lot of six packs here.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would be happier if Shiner came to town.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Its basically available anywhere outside of NE. Whenever I am on the road, I pick up a case or two to bring back. The brothers who now own the brewery got into a fight with the big distributors in CT and refuse to sell here....They lose an estimated $1 mil a year in sales--just in CT. (Sounds like cutting off your nose despite your face).

I still don't get how its available in Florida, Virginia and Alabama, but its not available 3 hours away.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Because when you can't get something, the allure of it becomes bigger than the actual product.

Back when Indiana had arcane refrigeration rules for what kind of beer could be sold, Coors Light wasn't available, so that water-borne swill gained an allure. We'd drive over to the Ohio border from Ball State to buy it, which looking back, might have been the biggest waste of time in the recorded history of wasted time. Coors Light is barely beer at all.

It's the same way with Fat Tire, which isn't really that good, but since it was once rare to see it east of the Mississippi River, everyone treated it like it was beer straight from God's balls.

Yuengling is pretty good, but it benefits from the same phenomena.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Try again. It's available only in 13 states (plus DC).

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennesee, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted