1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've heard of Urban Cowboy? This is Urban Whiner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

From the GET A LIFE department, Keith Urban the twice-rehabbed (?) singer is suing Keith Urban the painter. He claims the painter's website, which he uses to showcase and sell his work, is capitalizing on his "celebrity."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=250400&GT1=7702

The lawsuit, filed Friday in U.S. District Court, says Keith D. Urban of Wayne, N.J., is using his keithurban.com domain in a deceptive manner and for commercial purposes.

The Web site includes the statement: "You have reached the site of Keith Urban. To those who don't know, oil painting is one of my hobbies." It then directs viewers to a gallery of paintings and offers a limited edition of prints for sale.

Urban — whose Web address is keithurban.net — argues that the New Jersey man is misleading people into believing the Web site belongs to him and is selling merchandise as if it were produced or endorsed by him.

He accuses the painter of federal trademark infringement, dilution of a federally registered trademark, federal unfair competition and violation of the anti-cybersquatting consumer protection act and the Tennessee consumer protection act.

Naturally, the story ends by saying that Mr. Nicole Kidman, who just got out of his second rehab stint, is about to start a world tour to promote his new album. What a coincidence!!!

Hey, Keith Urban the singer! If Keith Urban the painter were to give you a bottle of demon rum and a baggie of devil's dandruff to settle this thing, will you please STFU and crawl back under your rock?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought Urban Whiner was the football coach at Florida.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's what I thought too...

But as for the singer, I cant see how Keith Urban can sue a guy named Keith Urban over this. If I was KU the painter, I'd countersue for so much money, he'd be drinking Milwaukee's Best on the concert tour..

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Does KU the painter look like this? :D

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes, expect he has much more to cheer for in his life...

Draft saved Draft deleted