1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've got dysentery!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... on your iPhone!

Oh God, I am a geek. I remember going to our school library to use the computer (yep, one computer in the library) because I didn't have one at home. And how would I spend my hour in the library? Yep, playing Oregon Trail. Laughed maniacally every time the damned thing told me I succumbed to dysentery.
  2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do they have number munchers?
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Same here. Used to go to the library with the one computer and spend my time on Oregon Trail.

I used to always be a banker, because I could just buy all of my supplies instead of hunting for stuff. I always found it funny that whenever I shot an animal, it would just flip upside down.
  4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If I could get the original on my iPhone, that would rule beyond all that has ruled before.
  5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

If only... :D I haven't played that game since I was like 7 or 8, but the sound effects are fresh in my head.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I love that game more than life. And not just my life; a good one.
  7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Such a great game. Can't even remember the last time I played ...
  8. Wenders

Wenders Active Member

Loved Number Munchers AND Word Munchers. I was also the person who NEVER rafted down the Dulles after I killed my cat and never recovered. :p

A few years ago, a friend of mine and I were wandering down the software aisle at Target, found a copy of the Oregon Trail for like, $10, bought it and went home to play. We're dorks. I do like the one on Facebook though. Especially the part where you can steal stuff from people you don't like in your wagon party. :)
  9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bought Oregon Trail a couple years ago, but it only worked once on my desktop. I've yet to try it on the laptop, though. Oh, tomorrow's gonna be fun.
  10. Wenders

Wenders Active Member

You better not have to work. That game...you'll look up and realize you've been playing for 4-5 hours. :)
  11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Fixed [/snobwholivesinoregon]
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nope. I quit today, at least until Monday. We'll see how I feel then. Maybe I'll just go back and pretend like nothing happened.
Draft saved Draft deleted