1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've got dysentery!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... on your iPhone!
    http://www.uncrate.com/men/entertainment/games/oregon-trail-for-iphone/

Oh God, I am a geek. I remember going to our school library to use the computer (yep, one computer in the library) because I didn't have one at home. And how would I spend my hour in the library? Yep, playing Oregon Trail. Laughed maniacally every time the damned thing told me I succumbed to dysentery.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do they have number munchers?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Same here. Used to go to the library with the one computer and spend my time on Oregon Trail.

I used to always be a banker, because I could just buy all of my supplies instead of hunting for stuff. I always found it funny that whenever I shot an animal, it would just flip upside down.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If I could get the original on my iPhone, that would rule beyond all that has ruled before.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

[​IMG]

If only... :D I haven't played that game since I was like 7 or 8, but the sound effects are fresh in my head.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I love that game more than life. And not just my life; a good one.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Such a great game. Can't even remember the last time I played ...

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Loved Number Munchers AND Word Munchers. I was also the person who NEVER rafted down the Dulles after I killed my cat and never recovered. :p

A few years ago, a friend of mine and I were wandering down the software aisle at Target, found a copy of the Oregon Trail for like, $10, bought it and went home to play. We're dorks. I do like the one on Facebook though. Especially the part where you can steal stuff from people you don't like in your wagon party. :)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bought Oregon Trail a couple years ago, but it only worked once on my desktop. I've yet to try it on the laptop, though. Oh, tomorrow's gonna be fun.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You better not have to work. That game...you'll look up and realize you've been playing for 4-5 hours. :)

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Fixed [/snobwholivesinoregon]

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nope. I quit today, at least until Monday. We'll see how I feel then. Maybe I'll just go back and pretend like nothing happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted