1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've given enough thanks.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Almost everything in this post is just the opposite of of the statement in bold.

Also, this:

[​IMG]

The "meat" portion is not bigger than the other portions. And protein is available in many forms.

I would like to think that we have evolved beyond the pure meat diets of our distant ancestors.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And people who make pussy jokes in mixed company.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

If it were evolution, Liesl, your daughter wouldn't be getting this crap. It's choice. It's choice which is defensible on ethical, financial and health grounds. But it's still a choice, not the mass transformation of evolution.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With so many posts on the same topic, it's the equivalent of "off-topic" posts on the thread that is supposed to be discrete thoughts.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Almost made it to the sig. You're getting there. :D

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Still a choice that should be respected. But isn't by the majority.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

ya know, i know you're only kidding, because my daughter goes about her business and simply makes her salads or whatever she eats for dinner or lunch. she's not like about half of the fucking nazi vegans who prefer to call the rest of us blood mouths and shit like that. she made a conscious choice and lives her life the way she chooses to live her life.

what's disappointing is to see her family, her grandmother, etc., take shots at her for making the choice she made when she simply goes about her business without ever mentioning it. i can see her losing respect for those people every time they open their fucking mouths.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I do tend to gravitate to the off-topic threads the most.

Not sure what that says about me.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you know, abcnbcespn, i eat the shit out of beef, chicken and pork. but since watching my daughter make the choice she's made, i can see how vegetarians get sick and tired of any person having an opinion about the choice they made about how they live their lives. seems as tho every non-veg wants to throw in their "super important" POV on the subject.
    just being the father of one, it gets tiring.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Perhaps I should stop using the caps button to say what I want. Because TP said it best.

Thank you.

Every day for the past 13 years she has gotten shit from someone for not putting meat in her mouth.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

My husband says I'm a rolling threadjack.

I prefer to see it as recognizing the points of intersection between disparate thoughts.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I like that. I shall be the junior version of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted