1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've given enough thanks.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Joke away. I hear it all the time. Rolls off my back.

But regardless, the joke proved the point. Meat-eaters, in large, are worse about shoving things down the throats of those that are not meat-eaters.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Which group is better at overreacting and making blanket statements?

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Fair question. Let me ask you this: Seven days, three meals. Out of those 21 meals that include meat, how many of them do you get ridiculed at for including meat?

Honest question.

Same question to a vegetarian. The minute they order a meatless meal, 10 out of those 21 meals, they get ridiculed.

Blanket statement?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

^^^ ref img

Who said I eat meat?

I prefer pussy, and so does pussy!

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

^^^ Blanket statement. ;)

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I must prefer vomit, because that's what I'm swallowing right now.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's completely ridiculous. The reality is 99.9 percent of people don't spend 10 seconds a year thinking about vegetarians.

8. Vombatus

I am rapidly learning not to debate with you. So, how bout them tits?

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

They are small. [/crossthread (from a long time ago)]

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I really wish that were true. There is not a day that goes by, after 13 years, that someone doesn't say something snarky to her.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There is plenty of scientific and anthropological proof that a meat-based diet is the reason that humans evolved large brains, and our bodies are specifically designed to eat far more meat than vegetables. It's biology. Humans are free to eat what they choose and I couldn't imagine giving someone a hard time for choosing to be a vegetarian; I just hope they understand that living a long, vegetarian life is not a wise choice for optimal health.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Vombatus

I know some rather old Buddhist monks, all of whom are vegetarians of course.

To each his/her own. No one should be hassled.

Hell, I am allergic to peanuts and cashews, and was routinely made fun of in school. I always felt it made me a stronger person. Plus it proved to me a long time ago that the world is full of assholes and dickheads.

Draft saved Draft deleted