1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've given enough thanks.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I don't get the hatred for vegetarians. They never did anything to you and it leaves you with more meat at a shared meal!

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't have any problem with vegetarians. But if you're throwing dairy into the mix, it's because you're trying to make some sort of statement. And I can't stand statements.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

A lot of vegetarians are priggishly condescending about people who choose to eat meat. Hey, you eat what you want, and I'll eat what I want.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Right. And fuck them, too. But many vegetarians do so for religious or health reasons.

There's no reason to be vegan other than being a dickhead.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'm fine with vegetarians. I don't like people lecturing me about morals. So I'll happily confirm which dishes are OK for you, if you don't preach about the turkey on our Thanksgiving table.

[I should say I'm fine with informed vegetarians. A member of our extended family went the "I'm 20, so I think I'll be a vegetarian" route. Two months later, her hair was falling out in clumps. But that was her fault for not knowing how to do it properly.]

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Vegans like shopping at Aldi.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Vegans date punters.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

People who don't drink, they can't be trusted.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I have a friend who says he can't trust someone until he knows their vice, be it drinking or gambling or smoking or drugs or loose sex. His theory is everyone has a vice, and if you can't talk about it, either you don't trust him or your vice is some fucked-up shit.

It's sound logic.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It is something my father had said to me, I don't believe it but what your friend says makes perfect sense

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

A lot of meat-eaters are priggishly condescending about people that choose not to eat meat.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's because those vegetarian people don't know their place. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted