1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YouTube for audio files?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 15, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey gang ... I have an audio file I want to share easily with friends and family. It's purely audio of me singing and I had thought i would post it on YouTube with the video replaced by a still photo. However, I'm too technologically backward to figure out how to do that.

Is there somewhere I can easily share an MP3 file? I tried Yourlisten.com but it wouldn't upload my file. Any help would be appreciated!

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I am also humble enough to accept the assistance of anyone that could create an uploadable video from my MP3 and picture. :D

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Only way I know how to do it is with video-editing software. I use Sony Vegas but if you have a PC, you probably could make it work with the version of Microsoft Movie Maker that probably came pre-installed on your computer.

Simply click the "Import media" button to import both your still photo and the MP3 of you singing, then drag both down to the audio/music and title overlay sections of the timeline. Then click "Publish movie," save it to your hard drive and go to YouTube and upload it.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Google "share mp3"

There are dozens of services that store mp3 for sharing. Most of them free.

I've used audio boo. Also used twaud.io for posting audio files to twitter.

(Fun thing: record an interview or press conf on your iPhone. A couple clicks later you can have thing posted online for people to hear.)

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

Draft saved Draft deleted