1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YouTube College Football Watchlist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Mar 22, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

With all sports on hiatus at the moment, I'm creating this thread for anyone who wants to binge watch old college football games. I was traveling and missed the entire second half of the 2019 Pitt-UCF game that ended with Pitt ending Central Florida's win streak on a trick play. I'm also adding one of my favorite college football games ever -- 2008 Texas vs. Texas Tech. Feel free to add your own.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The 2nd half of USC at Wazzu ... or Todd Marinovich's The Drive ...

... so thrilling a finish that Reagan called USC's locker room.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If there's been a better ending to a bowl game than this, I haven't seen it ...

Drew Tate, Warren Halloway and the LSU secondary bail out some horrible end-of-game clock management by Iowa.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

2001 Tennessee vs. Florida is my pick and it's a historic game for a ton of reasons.

The 9-11 terrorist attack moved the game from it's original date (Sept 15) to the first week in December. Despite a top 5 matchup Florida was 18-point favorites I believe.
    This game was in essence part of an SEC "semifinal" weekend. The winner of Florida-Tennessee was going to win the SEC East, while the winner of LSU-Auburn (which was a 7:30 ESPN game) would determine the winner of the SEC West.

Florida was probably the only real threat to Miami in the 2001 season. Had the Gators won here and won the SEC title game they probably give the Hurricanes as good a game as could be expected. If nothing else I'll take Steve Spurrier over Larry Coker in a coaching matchup 21 times out of 20.

Tennessee, however, pulled off the upset behind a great effort from Travis Stephens. Rex Grossman did everything in his power to get Florida over the top but it wasn't to be.

LSU beat Auburn in the SEC West semifinal and went on to upset Tennessee in the SEC title game. The Tigers then won the Sugar Bowl, smacking around Illinois I believe and finished 10-3, winning six in a row after a 4-3 start.

Many will say this was the start of Nick Saban's rise to power. Two years later the Tigers won the BCS Championship. Florida finished 10-2 and Spurrier left for NFL riches.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The night that ended WVU football as we knew it. All they had to do was beat this 4-7 team that lost its quarterback to injury in week one and it was heading to the BCS Championship. The whole time, you keep waiting for Slaton or white to break open but they never did. Days later, Rich Rodriguez would bolt in a tizzy to Michigan. WVU maintained with Stewart and Dana but they’d never be this again.

this said, I rooted my ass off for West Virginia in this one - the game that put RichRod and WVU on the map. They had the weight of the entire Big East on them that night.

Draft saved Draft deleted