1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YouTube audio question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, May 16, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is there any way to capture the audio from a video on YouTube?

I found a "video" (not even a video just the song played over a picture of the single's label) on there of a single from a long-gone Toronto band called The Dice that I have been looking for for years. Not on CD, not online anywhere. I'm not the biggest techie guy out there - and I have no idea if this is even posisble - but I figured somebody here might know how to do this.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Actually, I have just discovered a site that will do this.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Share, please. Plenty of youtube stuff that I'd love to have audio files of (mostly old sports pbp's)

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Have you tried googling the song?
    I was looking for a Rick Ross/Lil Wayne song that hasn't been relased (and won;t be for a ocuple months) except on video. I went to google, type in 'free download, Rick Ross, Lil Wayen, shot to the heart" and I have my song.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You can use Audacity, too, to capture the audio, then export it into whatever format you want (mp3, wav, etc.).

Draft saved Draft deleted