1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youth sports rant

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 7, 2007.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

The youth sports people are simply practicing to be high school parents.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Welcome to the world of covering high school soccer in the Maritimes. I had this problem with a few coaches, but I hate that coaches think we are obligated to publish their stuff just because they answered some questions, or did a questionnaire and submitted it in. I know that last year, my boss did not put it in because he wanted money for advertising and I only wish coaches would understand that publications need to make money.

One coach had the nerve of saying that he was ignored. Give me a break. His team had no newsworthy stories for us to write about last year. I wish I had told him to take a pill and shut up. But the professional that I am, I did say that if you don't wish to talk to us anymore, you don't have to (like I pulled a gun up to him to make him talk ::) ).

3. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

How come there is no youth band?

Draft saved Draft deleted