1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youth soccer referee dies after attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 5, 2013.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

We might not think it's pretty but this is nature's way of ensuring only the best refs survive.

2. No rugby deaths in Utah, but knew a ref who was attacked on the field by a mom of a player.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I love 93 coming up with rational excuses for this. Makes me feel good that someone understood why I stabbed an old man for parking his car over the line at the grocery store. He should have been a better parker. Also, I plan on giving the mail man a severe cutting tomorrow. That mother fucker better know not to deliver me anything meant for my neighbor. Shit wouldn't happen if he was a better postman.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I remember that. Keeps that up, we may have a comeback poster of the year award winner.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Where is the evidence that he was a bad ref?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or the kid was a psychotic asshole. Ever think about that?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, they killed him. Isn't that enough evidence...?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

I saw my first HS sports event as a kid some 50 years ago. I am sure in the years since I have seen probably 2,000 or more games at the high school and junior high levels.

And I have never personally seen a participant punch a ref. I've seen on-court brawls and I've seen fights in the stands spill onto the court. But between participants and officials, I've seen some nose-to-nose shouting matches when I thought it MIGHT happen, but nobody has ever done it. Ever.

Why does it never happen in "organized" (i.e. school-related) US sports?

Because even screw-loose raging motherfuckers in the midst of a mental meltdown, when they think about punching a ref, realize, "if I do this I am fucked forever."

So they don't do it.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

93's post was fine because he started with RIP. That makes everything fine.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Jesus, 3 degrees and this is what you come up with.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

17-year-old teen umpire gets slapped by a Little League coach after he ejected the coach for arguing.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20130503/NJNEWS/305030019/Berkeley-Little-League-manager-charged-hitting-teen-umpire

Draft saved Draft deleted