1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youth Football

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Madhavok, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Oh dear Gaaaawd. Sartrean your post got me busting out loud here in the newsroom. So the very last football team left made it to the Super Bowl or whatever they call it. I show up at halftime and stay until the end of the game and take 10 or so photos.
    Keep in mind I was all over three counties covering high school football, soccer, and volleyball matches. So, I figured I'd run three photos or so on Wednesday (today) with some cutlines, maybe a real brief outline on the game.

Oh but before I can even do that, I come to work this morning with a nasty note from a parent bitching why there was no coverage on the game and how it was a huuuuuuuge game and blah blah blah blah. For the last three weeks I've been running the youth football stuff on Wednesdays. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Actually, the very large paper I read covers the absolute shit out of youth football in its community inserts, lots of color pictures, all the scores, standings, highlights, big-game coverage, everything.

A lot of places don't have that "community section" resource, of course...

Draft saved Draft deleted