1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're with me, Dilfer! — Berman to call 2nd MNF game of opening week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Now that we've colored you, does that mean Mark hates you, too?

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Surely this cries out for a drinking game ... which would inevitably leave you piss your pants drunk.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know which would be worse, Bombastic Berman or Uber-Reverential Berman.

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Berman is king of douche-bags.

In college a recent grad came back to talk to the sports class about interning with ESPN Bristol. The topic of Berman came up and she told us all about how horrible he is. I'll give you two examples.

1. Nearly every day he pulled up alongside her in is convertible and said something along the lines of "let's go to a motel, I'll make sure you don't get in trouble with your bosses." She said it happened too many times to count.

2. During a NFL Countdown an intern messed up a graphic slightly. The moment they were off air he began screaming and yelling demanding to know who it was. He then tried to get the intern fired.

So Berman is a piece of shit and happens to be the worst high profile announcer in the game. Yeah, won't be watching.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Or from loss of bladder control due to sustained, helpless laughter.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hate how the Raiders have become the default second MNF of Week 1.

But I hate Berman even more.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Personality notwithstanding, I just don't like Berman's voice on play-by-play. One way to make sure I don't watch a baseball game on ESPN is to put Berman on the mike. And I have a feeling it will be worse on a football game.

I could deal with Dilfer paired with someone else, such as Brad Nessler. But Berman and Dilfer together will sound like a car-vs.-train collision.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

C'mon, I'll now watch this game. You gotta watch to see how bad it can be. Don't you?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Why is the public still subjected to this man?

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Well, I did compare it to a train wreck. And you wouldn't be able to pass one of those without slowing down and looking. :D

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or, if you're in California, a local broadcast.

Remember catching a ride back from a game with a reporter last fall. We popped on the NLDS game Berman was doing on the radio. After about three minutes, all the reporter had to say was "listen to how full of himself he is."

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This.

Draft saved Draft deleted