1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're special to me ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Feb 21, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought he left and was replaced by Jennifer_Slowpez.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She give all her weeshes for Taco-Flavored Keeses.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I think sending people to their rooms is probably part of Care Bear's predicament.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There's the baseball truism about you take hold of the ball and pretty soon you realize that it's holding you. And there's the bit from Doc Hollywood where one of the patients who can't read is bringing letters to the clinic for the doctor to read out lout. He starts wondering about Ellen and the Pakistani.

This place is like that for me. I'm hooked. Like someone else mentioned, I've occasionally gotten to a place where I just felt like I was wasting my time on here. You know, you get in those streaks where every thread you click on makes you angry. But you know what? I always keep coming back, because there's always something interesting or informative or entertaining to be found here.

The shared experience on here is something I really don't get anywhere else. I'm in another field of writing outside sports now, yet no one in my family understands what I do. Few people I meet in real life do either.

But on here, even when I don't communicate a particular thought clearly, in a broad sense I'm understood. There's value in that for me, which make this place and you guys special to me.

Thanks for being here.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

They only protect the surge 98.4% of the time. Everybody knows that, Dooley.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

A poster on SJ got you pregnant, too?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You really need to turn the filter on when PMing. Better to be safe than sorry.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd be really sad if this site ever went away. I don;'t come around as much as I used to, but it makes me happy to know that SportsJournalists.com is there.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What he said.

And to ijag, sam, colton, liesl, rosie and others I'm sure I'm forgetting: Thanks for always being there when I've needed someone to talk to, and for every bit of advice you guys have given me over the years.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He went through at least four (and probably more) user names that I can remember off the top of my head. With each nuking and each return, he was way more mellow. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here, but who knows?

11. He absolutely mellowed as time wore on.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The "former life" hits home for me. I'm an ex-newspaper guy now at a website mostly inhabited by people who never knew the ink-stained life. I can't talk to them about the business or hear war stories. I get my fix here.

On a personal level, I know remarkably few posters' real identities, but don't feel I have to. Spnited's a prime example. This place most definitely has a lasting impact -- there's a married couple in NYC that has me, ijag and SportsJournalists.com to thank for ever meeting and falling in love. Aww.

Come to think of it, those two folks really should send Webby some money.

Draft saved Draft deleted