1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're special to me ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Feb 21, 2011.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because of this place HC & I have met two people that we can call real friends who live in our area: Huggy & Double J. Well, Double J lives in Owen Sound but that's just a two hour ride from the Centre of the Universe. He can't help it. :)

I won't bore anyone with the details but between The Blue Goose, The Brampton Battalion games, Deb's 50th, Super Burger and Double J's book on the movie "Slap Shot", we'll all be lifelong friends.

We all also had the privilege of meeting Spinited, IJAG, Sam Mills, Sxysportswriter (did I get that right?), Jones, Patchs, Wicked, Farmer Jones and a bunch of other sj people at the Toronto outing. Neither HC nor I have forgotten any of you guys

We're all going to miss Spinited.

-

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm pregnant because of this damn place. :)

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, nor did I know his real name until I opened this thread and was shocked by the news.

But the guy always set me straight when I needed it, providing a quick kick in the ass that was deserved almost without exception.

I will miss him... and that.

RIP, sir.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No clue what this means but it has to be one of the all-time great posts.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I was using a surge protector, dammit

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. When I first saw spnited Ron's posts in that curmudgeonly style, it rubbed me the wrong way. I even had him on ignore for a while.

Then I started to get used to him and later started poking fun at his age like others before me had done. He and I didn't interact TOO much, but one time I will NEVER forget.

I'd just posted a thread in which I was surveying the recovery from that shitstorm of a six-month period from the time I lost my newspaper job and the time I finally saw the light at the end of that tunnel. I'd referenced the Springsteen song "Better Days."

Ron posted to the effect of, "better days indeed for someone who deserves the best."

It floored me.

I'll miss Ron. I'm sure he's calling Beej a fucking dickhead from The Great Beyond now. :p

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

After a hellaciously long day, I come back and find two pages on my thread - love, threadjacking and a pregnancy??

I don't know if I should start sending people to their rooms or not.

I think for today, I'll just hug you all.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I so thought you'd dive into "Lonely Boy"

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Better you than me...

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That takes some serious sexting.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Slappy would prefer to be spanked.