1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're Our Heroes. Sorry If You're Dying.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 7, 2006.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/05/AR2006090500436.html

Of all the lies and cheap spin, this one makes me the angriest.
    Christie Todd (Love Me, I'm A Moderate!) Whitman should be cleaning bedpans for life.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And a special up-yours to munchkin toady-to-the-rich, Mikey Bloomberg.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Christie Whitman, AKA "Gov. Photo-Op" from her days of making a mess of New Jersey's finances while grinning for the cameras, is not a moderate, she is a simply incompetent fraud, no matter what kind of job you give her.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I have a friend who lived in Queens when 9/11 went down. The smell stayed there so long after 9/11, he couldn't even hang out on his balcony for months. Ugh.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Stunning.

Anyone who was near that area in the weeks following 9/11 remembers having to wear masks because it was impossible to breath....I was there three weeks later, and my throat burned for days. It would have been a miracle if those workers DIDN'T have permanent damage.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clearly, those men shouldn't have run into the WTC. It's their own damn fault that they are sick. [/Bloomberg, Whitman and Co.]

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess if they found a big chunk of the WTC in the lungs of one of the workers, he might be convinced.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NEW YORK--Several hundred WTC responders gathered in front of the home of Mayor Michael Bloomberg today, where they simultaneously hocked up thousands of WTC loogies all over the sidewalk.

'We just wanted to help with the investigation,' said one ex-firefighter, who removed the tracheotomy tube in his throat so he could speak to reporters.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

And yet...that area of Lower Manhattan is the fastest-growing residential area of the city.

People living across the street from the Deutsche Bank building will have to eat their pasta while wearing a Tyvek hazmat suit and respirator.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian - after reading story I am honestly missing the point of your rant.

Where does Christine Whitman fit in - I did not find her in the article ?

11. Glad to oblige, Boom.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0823-03.htm
    (And before the "liberal website" trope starts flying please note, a) that the piece is reprinted from Newsday, and b) that Laurie Garrett knows more about epidemic disease and large-scale public health threats than just about anyone in the biz.)

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ok now I understand . Those lying bastards. Please foward me an application to join the liberal party.

Draft saved Draft deleted