1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're looking live ... at a semi private hospital room

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Sep 28, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Take care of yourself, sir. My one night in the hospital wasn't too bad, cuz I got the fun drugs, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

maumann likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

All the best in your recovery. Get outta there and get some rest.

maumann likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

maumann likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. Fdufta

Fdufta Member

I don’t know who you are but I enjoy your posts so get well soon!

maumann likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

First rookie mistake. Went into the bathroom here at the cabin this afternoon, stood at the toilet, unzipped the fly and thought, "What the heck do I think's gonna happen?" Hey, it's going to take more than a day to unlearn old habits.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Semi-private meaning his hospital gown has a tie in the back to close the flap

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Better food: Hospital or the clink?

9. maumann

Yes, because there aren't enough ICU rooms to handle COVID cases, they're doubling up the normal private rooms to handle post-op and using at least one regular floor for COVID overflow. Unfortunately, those rooms aren't really built to handle all that additional junk -- especially when they have to roll in a third bed to offload someone from OR.

That also means half as many staff for the patient load, which was bad last night when Mr. Face Plant got all panicky about his meds.

10. maumann

Great question. Hospital, but not by as big a margin as you would think. Jail had killer fresh-baked cakes and cookies.

Louder at night? The hospital. They're moving people in and out and all the alarms are beeping. Plus, there's no "official" phlebology tech in jail who comes by at 5 a.m. to poke a syringe in your arm. You do have to watch for the unexpected shiv, however.

Surprisingly, I didn't find the hospital bed to be very comfortable. Sort of like an airplane seat, where you eventually wind up in the same spot on the cushion where everybody else has been, because you have to bend at the same spot as the bed bends when you raise or lower it. However, better than a corrugated paper mattress on a steel rack.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Spartan Squad and Woody Long like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

University of South Alabama Hospital in Mobile was a miserable place to stay for many reasons, but somehow the cafeteria churned out kick-ass home cooking.

maumann likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's another way of putting that but your way is cleaner.

maumann and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted