1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're laid off ... oh, upon further review

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Apr 24, 2020.

1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

That strikes me too. Now after all of this is out there and social media making people more aware of just how often layoffs are happening or other shitty things happening at Gannett/Gatehouse...who would accept a job from say hundreds or thousands of miles away to move there or even apply there?? Gannett/Gatehouse have to be seeing less resumes and certainly only close in regional proximity now at the very least you'd think...the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel was such a proud paper for Wisconsin and Gannett has trashed it. I had a few stories published in the MJS and the first one I was like damn!!! But, then I realized as few of employees they have there some days it's hard to fill the paper lol so they probably rolled with my stuff, particularly in slow pro sports times.

Draft saved Draft deleted