1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're in town

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Apr 20, 2008.

1. joe

joe Active Member

From the fevered brain -- well, mine -- that brought you "Doc and Spup's Big Wedding" and "Mr. Jones and Me," "You're in town" posted at www.joesnxnw.com.

Toot-toot. Hey, that's my horn.

Joe

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now that Tolstoy hath spoken, I gotta take a p... oh, never mind. ;D

I can see the personality that the others that went with you to Vegas came from. Nice.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

BLOGS!!!!! :D

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What a fantastic close. Great work, Joe.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's comforting to know that the waterworks clam up on the best of us from time to time.

By and large, however, I'm the opposite. One of lifes more subtle skills in college was getting a working knowledge of where the least-popular and most fastidiously maintained thrones were when an extended sit-down was in order.

Personally, I'm of the mind that life's too short to poop just anywhere. Most of the time its (hopefully) a regular occurance. Sometimes its an ordeal. Its alone time to catch up on a book or mull over lifes wonders whilst creating a stink all your own. Tough to do all of that while power squatting over some rancid 7-11 shitter... so I don't do it.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Huh? I'm cornfused.

7. Sam Mills 51

The leather pants. The funky shirt that we heard about during the Vegas outing. The banter you have with the fellow posters who were stuck with you there. :D

It's a compliment, Joe. I promise.

8. Sam Mills 51

Gee, I fouled up a word or two? ;) I can't afford a copy editor on my salary, and I can usually see everyone else's goofs but rarely mine.

Sorry. :)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So what was it supposed to say? I'm still confused.

10. Sam Mills 51

The same personality that Joe displayed during the Vegas outing - or at least according to the posts by Buck-Dub, Cadet and SC during that weekend and in the days following - emerged in his story.

Of course, the sentence I typed in the post upthread looked like I had been hitting the medicine laced with Codeine again. Oops.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

http://www.urinetown.com/flash/home_1a.html

Draft saved Draft deleted