1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're in charge: What does the next Star Wars movie look like?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Had to be done, can't think of anyone better to do it. Well fucking played, Mauer.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll echo the love for Brad Bird. It's Disney, so they're not going to make it dark. I'm assuming they are looking at this as a trilogy, I think Bird would be a no-brainer...

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That was awesome, Bubbler.

Now when some kid is trick or treating in a Yoda costume tonight, I'll be thinking ... "Sith syphilis, I have. Die, I will. Function, Yoda's balls do not."

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This would be roughly the point I started crying in the newsroom, I was laughing so hard.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's what I'm here for.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ford/Hamil/Fisher - Cameos? Small parts? Big parts? No parts?

I don't think you can put Fisher in the movie. I think Ford and Hamill will have cameos.

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Lando Calrissian played by Tommy Lee Jones?

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Would like to see it jump ahead 100 years. The old characters are the old characters. Leave them in the movies from 30 years ago.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All three will appear in limited roles as "venerated elders." Most of the screen time will go to the younger marquee stars.

Ford is 70 but looks pretty good for that age. Hamill will play Luke as a weatherbeaten Alec Guinness type. Fisher will go on Jenny Craig for a year and get down to camera-presentable shape (She won't be in any chain-mail bikinis but be presented as more of a matronly type). Of course they could always say she died years before and have her appear only as a CGI Force Ghost.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fisher as Jabba?

11. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

30 seconds is too damn long ... just off J-J in the first 10 seconds and move on ...

Better yet, get George Lucas on screen performing the coup de gras on ol Jar-Jar, then have him apologize to Star Wars fans for even foisting that waste of cinematic space on the public ... :)

12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

God, I can't quit laughing at this ... somebody send it to the guys who do "Robot Chicken" ... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted