1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're in charge: What does the next Star Wars movie look like?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the other thread, but thought it could be worth its own discussion, especially since I'm not familiar with many of the million storylines created by books after Return of the Jedi.

If I were in charge, I'd go the Christopher Nolan route, in making Episode VII a lot more gritty and realistic, while still respecting the canon somewhat.

I'd make it very dark, too. I'd probably kill off some combination of Han Solo, Leia and Luke in the first 10 minutes. Then focus on Han and Leia's kid going to the Dark Side and fucking shit up until halfway through Episode 8.

Thoughts?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Bounty Hunters have taken over and have to feed on Ewoks to survive.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Set it a few decades into the future. No use of any familiar properties from past films. Strip the mysticism out. Tell a story of an emerging threat to peace...what was the Rebel Alliance going rotten and corrupt and on the verge of civil war. But like Star Wars Ep. IV, tell it through the eyes of an innocent person like Luke. No chosen one bullshit.

Make it dark and hopeless. Have key characters die throughout the trilogy. Expose the Force as fraud.

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Always love how "DARK!!!!!!" somehow automatically means "good."

If I were in charge, the next Star wars movie would not exist.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I like "good" movies. I like "entertaining" movies. I like "well done" movies.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In this case, though, I think the series screams for something a lot grittier than the hot merchandising mess of episodes 1-3. The "Dark Knight" series isn't a bad template at all.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think they should have Luke fight off a bunch of dwarves, then hang out in a bar full of talking toys

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since all of the Stormtroopers weren't on the new Death Star when it exploded over the planet of the Ewoks, you'd have to have them go into hiding.
    Lando, who somehow emerges as a powerful figure in the new Galactic Senate, receives an offer he can't refuse from the Stormtroopers representing planets who were loyal to the Empire (Vader/Sith Lord) and turns on Han & Leia, killing them, but not before they sent their child, who has a high level of midochlordians into hiding.
    This causes Luke, to be like his father, and turn to the dark side to avenge the death of his sister and his friend, plunging the new senate into chaos. The child of Han & Leia will receive a vision from Mace Windu who tells him of the past and trains him in the ways of the force and Jules Winnfield to take down Luke.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Follow the Timothy Zahn trilogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrawn_Trilogy

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Those books were pretty good.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jar-Jar dies within 30 seconds of the opening credits. That would make the film a total success right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted