1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your worst bad beat will never top this

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 2, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I go to HG or Hustler. Bike once in a while. I am a low stakes player.

You?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep, it sure does. And it's as torturous as it sounds.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I like the Bike mostly, but it's a pretty good haul from where I'm usually staying. Played at Hollywood Park last time, which was the lowest rent game I've played. Like taking money from homeless people. Didn't feel good. Have played Hustler a couple of times. Never tried the Gardens. Might try that next.

4. poindexter

The upgrade from the tents of the old Hawaiian Gardens to the new building is pretty sweet.

Get off the 605 freeway, go east a half mile on Carson street, and park. DO NOT set foot or stop anywhere else in Hawaiian Gardens. That place is a scary dump.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hawaiian Gardens is the most inappropriately named city anywhere. Sounds like a lush, tropical place. It's a shithole. I think the thugs fight it out to see which one gets to follow you home.

6. poindexter

What's funny is when I first started seeing commercials for the place. Always called "The Gardens" and "off the 605 freeway".

Never ever a mention that it is located in the biggest shithole in SE LA county, Hawaiian Gardens.

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. poindexter

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Believe that would be a dead beat.

playthrough, Chef2 and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted