1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your weekly Jameis Winston controversy/allegation update: point shaving?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And that game wasn't the opener.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Huh, guess I got that part(s) wrong. It's more his hubris that intrigues me.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Just remember Clemson as the Fuck Her Right In The Pussy Game.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know he was suspended the first half, forgot it was extended the whole game.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Let's not spoil a good tale with a few minor quibbles.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You really believe he doesn't give a shit if FSU defends its national title? Then I don't know what to tell you. He is an entitled idiot with zero common sense who has never faced consequences in his life, and he very well could be a sociopath, but I wouldn't question his will or desire to win. I wouldn't put much past him, but this whole thing just seems absurd.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible the whole thing is a bunch of crap to get a website a bunch of hits.

UAB played Rabb today, after all the reports and scrutiny. I'm not certain what than means in real world (or NCAA) terms.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It is a pretty remarkable leap from petty shoplifting to sociopath.

Clearly Winston is history's greatest monster. Coming to Broadway any day now, Springtime for Jameis.

The "dumb" and "stupid" kid was a 4.0 GPA in high school. Been on the ACC academic honor roll for Florida State and is on schedule to graduate early, if he wants to, all while playing two sports at an extremely high level.

I don't give two shits about Florida State but as someone already noted, people have already decided they don't like Winston and will believe anything he's accused of. In what's surely a coincidence, many of those people tend to be SEC partisans.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

With the benefit of hindsight, I think it's safe to assume this was a fix. It isn't all that uncommon especially regarding the All-ACC stuff. It's a sham.

His major is listed as "exploratory."

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Maybe. Its already been proven that well regarded state university will trash its academics and commit fraud to prop up athletics.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So, you think his decisions off the field while he's attended Florida State have been intelligent?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Something that has never been hinted to have occurred at FSU. Why don't you guys stick to what you know?

Draft saved Draft deleted