1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You'd better watch your back now.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous singer!! cross/thread

I think 70's music is the best.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's funny. I was born in '67, so musically my key era was the 80s. I had a deep love and ridiculous depth of knowledge of the whole new wave/alternative/college rock thing. I also had a great appreciation for the music of the 60s. But the 70s? I thought the 70s was a complete musical wasteland. I associated it with the Eagles and shitty hard rock and just wrote off the entire decade.

Now I absolutely marvel at what a rich period the 70s were. Particularly the early 70s -- just look at the output from the Stones, Van Morrison, Stevie Wonder, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, the Kinks, Curtis Mayfield... it's mind-blowing.

qtlaw, garrow and Tweener like this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You left out Gary Glitter and the Bay City Rollers, jackass.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That the Seventies were a great time for music is a hill I will die on. It exposed me to folk, rock, R&B, country, jazz - a lot of artists who actually played and wrote their own songs and how you sounded was all that mattered. Once disco hit, how you looked was as important as the sound, more artists were less important than the producers and the music became more fake.

PS - The Osmonds (all of them) were underrated. As cheesy as they were, they played their own stuff and wrote a lot of it.

jr/shotglass and qtlaw like this.
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Crazy horses, weeeyooo weeeyooo. Crazy horses, weeeyooo weeeyooo!

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Even an ill-informed, foolish opinion.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd want to go to every home game if I was still in Pittsburgh and had access to tickets, but the atmosphere in the stadium is worth taking in on occasion. That said, I get your point about watching the games from home. I wouldn't bother anywhere else for football.

Baseball and hockey are far better experiences in person relative to on television, but again, I can see your point of view.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jennifer Connelly was twice as hot when she had some meat on her bones. This isn't bashing someone who suffers from an eating disorder (to the best of my knowledge). This is someone who just opted to get skinny and now looks indistinguishable from so many others actresses. Had a huge crush on her from the Labyrinth/Career Opportunities era, but saw her again in Top Gun: Maverick and can hardly reconcile the two women. It's odd because most people put on weight as they age. She's gone the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, still beautiful (and aging gracefully), just thought I'd share this unpopular and creepy opinion -- while resurrecting this underrated thread.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... will never do anything as strong as Maddy Bowen in Blood Diamond.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She had breast reduction surgery because they were causing her physical problems.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is where you went too far.

Ping-pong-ball guns at 20 paces, sir!

Draft saved Draft deleted