1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, when I worked at the joint that gave you your birthday within a 7-day window either way (so, FAIAP, a 14-day window) I absolutely did spin the extra day onto the Labor Day holiday a couple times to get a 3-day break. Which was nice, considering that otherwise, between August 1 and Thanksgiving, I'd probably never get two full days off in a row.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think I just over extended my jaw taking a bite of a sandwich.

Buck likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Mathew Knowles says the same thing I've been saying for years: Beyonce is largely popular bc she's barely black. I've said it on here and was accused of being a racist, when all I was pointing out was how many people think, not whether I agree with it. So I guess her pops is racist, too...

Mathew Knowles Says Beyonce Wouldn't Be as Popular with Darker Skin

4. BUMP:
    Though, It can NOT be unpopular:
    FED up with the royal wedding, especially the breathless daily updates on Markle's American family, particularly the dad and disabled step-sister, who sounds like a real bitch.

Please be done soon.

5. CD Boogie

I had never heard of Megan Markle until they got engaged. Biggest takeaway is that he said he recently gave up smoking for her because she hates it. In other words, this marriage won’t last.

I can barely get up to watch the EPL or NFL games in London. I’m gonna wake up early on a weekend to watch these second tier royals get married? Nope.

I was 8 in 1981 when chuck and Diana got married and I remember watching it. I have three older sisters who were all teenagers then, so watching such shit (in addition to General Hospital, including Luke & Laura’s wedding) was par for the course when the family has one TV. It was fine though bc Diana at 19 was absolute gas. Stunning.

Markle is a low 6 and she will not cut into my weekend hibernation.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The local library is having a public viewing party for the wedding, which I thought was kind of sweet.

7. CD Boogie

Well you’re under the queen up there, no? Makes sense I guess

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My library put on a tea party the other day due to interest in the royal wedding. It was well attended.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'd rather be under Markle. Hey-YOOOOOOOO.

10. CD Boogie

That’s the best thing I’ve read about the wedding so far.

11. British Commoners are on the hook for half of Royal Wedding's 83 million price tag.

God Save The Queen.

12. CD Boogie

And still less than the cost of Trump family trips.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted