1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe take some of the non-masculinity edge off of the jersey by wearing a cape.

swingline likes this.
  2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Maybe ten years ago I went to see a movie with friends. After, we get into the car and I drop the worst popcorn fart in the history of the world. The driver peels into a gas station parking lot like we were going to rob the place and everyone gagged out of that car as though they'd been trapped under ice. Then OTHER people saw the commotion and came over to make sure we were okay only to catch the cloud and start immediately dry heaving.

I still laugh about that.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's pretty quality.

My uncle has a story like that except his friend had to pull over on the freeway ... while driving in a convertible ... with the top down

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That look might be too much since I already rock a beret.

Ace likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Isn't the unwritten rule that you shouldn't wear a jersey of anyone younger than you, but a throwback is OK?

And once you're 25, no jersey unless you're at a game?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I own an NHL sweater with no name or number on it, but I cannot remember the last time I wore it.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of soccer and hockey jerseys. I think the only one with a name and number is my autographed Hanson Brothers jersey.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think you should get a pass if you're at a sports bar or a friend's house on game day as well, no matter the age, but the principle is the same.
    It's not the worst thing in the world to rock a jersey in everyday casual settings, but it's not the best either. Especially when the jersey is old and out of date. I saw a guy at a high school basketball game a few weeks ago wearing a white Raiders Carson Palmer jersey. It wasn't completely unfashionable, but Raiders-era Carson Palmer? WTF? How long has that thing been sitting in a closet? And why was it even purchased to begin with?

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I like this rule.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not even at a game.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What's the board ruling on shirseys?

I have a few of those, and wear them pretty regularly around the house or while running errands.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have soccer jerseys and wear them at times -- but the older I get (I'm 47) the more ridiculous I think it looks.

I've not worn a football jersey in probably 20 years. I have a Jets sweatshirt and hat that I wear when I go to a game, but I think that the jersey looks silly.

Draft saved Draft deleted