1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Not looks at all. I think she is the most unfunny woman ever.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Smoking hot when she was young.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Elvis sucked. Hard.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

He never meant shit to me.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"The Big Lebowski": I've seen it a couple of times. It's a decent movie, but I don't get the utter fanboy devotion it draws.

Tweener, TyWebb and expendable like this.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Watched it today, actually. I'm not sure about its cult status, but I think it's better as I age.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

First, I want my steak to moo when I cut into it.

Second, just give me a Miller Lite on draft, and I'll be fine.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Football now doesn't look anything like it did 20 years ago. And 20 years ago it didn't look anything like it did 20 years before that. Etc., etc.

Same as it ever was.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have that opinion about many, many movies.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah, actually football does look fairly similar to 20 years ago. There have been some formation changes and SOME equipment upgrades, but the players are still recognizably participating in the same sport. (Also the huge artificial leap in size brought on by chemicals had arrived by the 1990s.)

Now 1950-1970, things changed a LOT. You had wholesale introduction of plastics, metal facemasks, synthetic fabrics, etc etc etc. Football players in 1948 still looked pretty much like they did in 1928. But by 1968 everything had changed. If you showed somebody completely foreign to American football a picture of a player from 1968 and a player from 1948, they probably wouldn't guess they were engaged in the same sport.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This was not really an unpopular opinion in the day. Parents didn't like him. Many guys were jealous as girls swooned.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I still like a lot of it, but the part where they are in the garbage compactor is bad on the level of "You Got Served."

Draft saved Draft deleted