1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your top esoteric achievements.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 24, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I went bowling tonight and cracked 200 for the first time. 219!

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Like he even knows what that means.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He and Trey should hang out.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cold

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

-- I have solved the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle 16 times.

-- Two phrases I invented have been made into t-shirt slogans by local high schools.

-- My best friend, a pastor, used my first name as his first-born son's middle name. Another best friend, an athiest, used my first name as his first-born son's first name.

-- In high school, I had a base hit against a now-former MLB pitcher, clipped a former NFL player (it wasn't called; we scored a touchdown on the play, an option keeper), and played free safety while a former MLB player set his school's record for passing yards in a football game against us. (Infamous esoterica).

-- I once bought and smoked illegal narcotics (not proud of this, was during a horrible time of drug addiction in my life) on a street corner in a major U.S. city, and eight years later, crossed the finish line of my first marathon adjacent to the same corner (obviously drug, alcohol and tobacco-free, at that point).

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Being able to spell "esoteric" correctly.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If only you could have gotten the girl's mother to join in, you could have checked off about five different milestones in one shot.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I know nobody likes Boom and maybe I'm a tad delirious but, Christ, that made me laugh.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I took a zipper of a line drive to the meat of my left tricep tonight. Did. Not. Cry. Yo.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cut and paste is a beautiful thing, boom.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As is Firefox auto spell check.

Draft saved Draft deleted