1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Top 10 sj moments

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Apr 21, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I discovered this site because it was bookmarked on a computer in Roswell. Really got into it at first for the discussions of journalism issues, but the hilarity of the "shocker" thread foreshadowed the hilarity that would keep me coming back.

Don't have a Top 10, but this place has been great for me, particularly during my year-and-a-half period of living in horrible little towns. Nice connection, albeit mediated, to civilization. Hopefully, now that I'm living in a halfway decent city, I'll get a life pretty soon and won't be online as much. However, the fact that I'm posting late on a Saturday night indicates that I still don't know too many folks around here...

Anyway, great site. There are some posters who are so consistently informative and/or amusing that I click on their new posts right away when I see them. This place is so far beyond most similar forums, it's ridiculous. Even with the occasional troll or dumb pissing contest, this site is still a very good thing.

Dammit, I missed the What Is Love? thread.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Just wanted you to know that your work has not gone unnoticed.

3. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Why thank you. But as I've said before, I give all the credit to Webby. I'm just happy my plan worked out to perfect (first time for everything).

I saw Webby online and said to myself, "Fuck it." I'm going to chase Dyepack's ass all over SportsJournalists.com until Webby makes me stop. I was more than willing to get myself banned en route to chasing him off just for you folks. Fortunately, Webby being the genius that he is, he saw what I was doing and banned Dyepack. For that, we should all be forever appreciative of the man's work.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I cannot believe I left Horny and BBJ off my list. Dammit!

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The thread posted by a sincere and kind young woman who suffers from a mild form of a disorder and asked for, and received, sincere help. That was one night when it felt really good to be a member here.

So, I'm up to 2:

- Fenian's Noah Webster pic and caption

- The thread I mentioned above

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh ... my ... god.

I'm absolutely embarrassed to admit this, but I must. I was just trolling (heh-heh; he said trolling) through some old threads, and for the first time, I came across SportsJournalists.com March Madness.

I mean, I never knew it existed.

I laughed. I cried. My heart was warmed. My ass was chilled (by sportschick). ;)

Hell, I would've voted for her myself. I always thought the line, "I'm just glad to be here," was ultra-cliche until now.

And our champion ... super choice.

Angola, wherever you are, that was some first-rate stuff.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shottie: You and 21 are the ones I most wanna see a list from.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

In no particular order:

- Jones' "Frankenberry Cock" post
    - Holidays at 21's
    - The Great Lip Gloss Threadjack of 2005
    - Pickle Juice
    - Introducing Sportschick to Sephora
    - A sparring match about women in the business I got into last July that has never really ended
    - The creation of the SportsJournalists.com Style Guide
    - Receiving an incredible compliment via PM from a journalism veteran
    - Learning more about the craft every day

I am glad to have had the opportunity to meet several SportsJournalists.commers in person, and I have made some friends on here that hopefully I can throw a few back with someday.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just don't be packing a filet knife.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

To give credit where due, IJAG is the one who coined the term "butterflied penis" after I described the medical procedure. The owner of said penis referred to it as "Frankenpenis".

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't have moments, I have posts.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I know I'm missing a lot of good stuff, but it seems like a good way to end the evening.

-- Helping out our friend with the suicidal tendencies. An example of the board at its best.

-- PickleJuice, of course.

-- Bandwagon_Boy, and those of us who took him seriously. ;)

-- Getting to see the work of some of our friends, and realizing there's a helluva lot of talent here.

-- Simon scooping the world with Ken Caminiti, getting scolded, and being proven to be right. It WAS Simon, wasn't it?

-- Hoops' personification of e.e. cummings. :)

-- Watching a game and keeping running commentary with about 20 other people at once.

-- Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown.

-- Some of Bubbler's rants are among the funniest things I have read here or anywhere else. They should have a wax statue of him at Wal-Mart.

-- Knowing I will never catch BYH or dools.

The codas salute you all. With both paws.

(Holy shit ... 500 to a round number ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted