1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on this one?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Concerned_Journo, Apr 21, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

He was just trying to be funny, and everyone in the room who feels like they must suck up to him laughed at the comment. As they did at his other lame attempts at humor.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

funny-funny, or let-me-get-cheap-shot-at-the-media-in-funny?

3. Too much hubbub over this.

With that said, I wouldn't wear anything from my beat school. Too much room for interpretation.

4. Jinga_Thomson

Jinga_Thomson Member

I think I know the reporter this blogger is writing about. If so, we've covered many of the same events. He has never underdressed. If anything, he got some jabs about his preference for applying product to his hair.

Some folks think Alabama gear is an improvement to anything. I'm not one of them.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Saban's using the Napoleanic divide-and-conquer strategy with the media now.

6. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

Actually, just to set the record straight, the guy he's bashing was the only one of the six not to wear the school logo.

7. LouGrant

LouGrant New Member

late getting in here, but ... there's no way these reporters should have agreed.

No. Way.

Any excuse is just a sorry rationalization for homerism and supplication. And we should expect better.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously. Would you ask a coach to be an honorary reporter? Then why agree to be an honorary coach.

It's stupid.

Again. Why would they do it? To give you better access?

No, to help nudge you toward being "one of the team."

Draft saved Draft deleted