1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Super Bowl prediction...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Feb 1, 2009.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Cardinals 35, Steelers 14.

It's easy to have a top ranked defense when you play three teams, as the Steelers do, without an offense.

Cardinals are on a roll. I wonder if Al Michaels will ask "Do You Believe In Miracles?" afte this game. It's certainly appropriate.

As for Bruce, as long as he plays nothing from that ghastly "Tom Joad" album, I'll be fine.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I think it goes the other way: Steelers 24, Cardinals 20. It'll be a close one, but Roethlisberger rules at the end.
    Steelers win, but don't cover.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ticats 27, Stampeders 12.

Oh, wait, wrong game.

Pittsburgh 21, Cards 10

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Cardinals 34, Steelers 21

All this talk of Larry Fitzgerald being the next coming of Tebow is going to make Anquan Boldin play like a madman. He's back in his home state and not that far from where he played his college ball. He'll have a huge game and likely an MVP nod. I saw some local footage of Steelers fans that have taken over a bar called "Tank's Taproom" in Tampa and they interviewed one Steelers fan who was wearing a white hat and a terrible towel under the hat, covering his neck and hair. He looked like he was ready to cry because he was in Tampa for the game. I think he'll be crying later too, but not tears of joy.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Cards 28, Steelers 21.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Cardinals 31, Steelers 14

Arizona, thanks to an early turnover and a couple of TD drives, takes a two-TD lead into the second quarter. The Steelers start throwing more, but struggle to move the ball. The Cards, though, give Warner enough time to find his trio of stud receivers and move the ball as well as anybody has against Pittsburgh.

MVP: Warner

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I pray you are right.... 31-17 Steelers.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

steelers 38-10.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except they should have been exposed as frauds during the other 10 games (Patriots? Cowboys? Giants?) if that were true, right?

I'm going with Steelers 26-13 ... that way my square's a winner, like my team.

10. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Steelers 30, Cardinals 17. Warner turns it over four times against Pittsburgh's attacking defense. Game won't be close as Cards tack on a couple meaningless scores in fourth quarter. James Harrison is MVP.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Steelers 42, Cardinals 3

MVP: James Harrison

The defense will unleash hell on Jesus boy.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They had better.

Draft saved Draft deleted