1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Super Bowl prediction...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Feb 1, 2009.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

All that Steelers defense has to focus on is shutting down Warner-to-Fitzgerald (easier said than done, but still very possible). The running game is not going to do anything, and I'd make the other receivers try to beat you (although Boldin is capable, I'd put my money on the Pittsburgh defense).

And I like Big Ben/Parker/big play WRs against a mediocre, overrated Cardinals defense.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cards 34, Steelers 28

MVP: Warner

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Steelers to win and cover. I bet defense over offense every time.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Steelers 20, Cardinals 9. This is going to be a boring one.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Steelers 38 Cardinals 7 -- if it is even that close.

MVP Willie Parker

Kurt Warner will get rattled early and turn into the interception machine he was with the Giants and Willie Parker will run wild against the Cardinals defense.

I think the Steelers will score at least one defensive touchdown and Santanio Holmes will have better stats than Larry Fitzgerald, who will be a virtual non-factor....

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Pittsurgh 34, Arizona 14.

7. http://blog.dairytwist.org/images/blog/SteelersFans.jpg

8. Happy big people.
    Pittsburgh, 27-7.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"I'm going to bury him! I'm going to crucify him!"

... I love Clubber Lang.

Anyway ...

Pittsburgh 24, Arizona 13

MVP: Troy Polamalu (3 INTs, including one for a TD)

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Working on a Dream, Glory Days, The Rising, Born to Run.

At least 12 minutes that will be worth watching.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I predict that I'll watch Bruins-Habs on teh interweb and will spend the remainder of the day researching goings-on in the Texas Legislature. One of the best things about being on the news side now is that I no longer feel compelled to watch the Super Bowl if I don't want to do so.

Later tonight, though, I'll see if I can find Springsteen's performance on YouTube. :)

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In my head:

Pittsburgh 30, Arizona 17
    The Cardinals get off to a hot start courtesy of Kurt Warner to Larry Fitzgerald and lead 17-3 early in the second quarter. However, the Steelers get on track, the defense starts getting to Warner and the Steelers rattle off 27 unanswered points. Troy Polamalu wins the Super Bowl MVP award with 11 tackles, a sack, an interception and incredible intimidation of Arizona's receivers.

In my heart:

Arizona 24, Pittsburgh 20
    The Cardinals set the tone with their first possession, surprisingly turning to Edgerrin James, who runs eight times for 40 yards, culminating in a four-yard scoring pass from Warner to Fitzgerald. Pittsburgh answers back, but the Cardinals have gotten into Pittsburgh's head with their surprising run prowess. Warner then does the rest, finishing the day with three touchdowns, 357 passing yards and a Super Bowl MVP trophy in Arizona's shocking victory.

Draft saved Draft deleted