1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Super Bowl memories

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

First Super Bowl I recall truly caring about: 1989, XXIII; Boomer vs. Montana.

As a teen, I thought Esiason was HOT HOT HOT! :) And I loved their uniforms.

Hey - never said I had a "profound" Super Bowl memory.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Super Bowl XX was awesome, too :)

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I remember more about the first 10 or so than I do the next 20-25. Must be an old age thing.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Cross-country small-town pub crawl for Ravens-Giants all around east-central Illinois. Ah, the Pink House.

5. That's the one I remember as well. I was barely seven and all the hype in the Philly area ... and the trinkets I still have from that time ... made me an Eagles fan for life ...

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

My first was the Bears/Pats and I don't remember another one until Giants/Bills.

I swore for the first time in front of my parents when Norwood missed.

Small threadjack:
    The best Robot Chicken ever was the one with three preppie kids in the hallway, one had a kick me sign on his back. You see a guy in a football uni come up and try to kick him in fall down. Kid with the kick me sign turns around and says, "you suck Norwood."

Classic.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

First SB memory seeing the Vikings lose to the Raiders, not realizing that would be the last time the Vikings appeared in a Super Bowl (thanks Gary Anderson and Denny Green!). My family also moved to Denver right before the Broncos' first SB loss, the one to Dallas with the weird Butch Johnson catch and Harvey Martin and Randy White wiping out Craig Morton. The following Super Bowl was a solid one, too, that Steelers-Cowboys game with the great catches. Classic stuff, all of it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The other night, I couldn't sleep and for some reason I got to thinking about how I've watched the Super Bowl through the years. I can't remember what's due tomorrow, but I can remember where I was for every Super Bowl going back to XV. How sick is that?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers beating the Seahawks. My being a fanboy looser for a lifetime finally ends with a Super Bowl victory, there was nothing else like it. It simply put a cap on the best 12 months of my life.

10. da el g

da el g Member

I was in college at the time and a huge Redskin fan. When the Broncos took the lad we were so upset we went outside to burn a doobie, got to talking and doing shots, came inside and the Skins had scored 3 touchdowns, thought I was hallucinating

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Hitting my block pool in XXXVII when the Buccaneers ran back another interception for a touchdown against the Raiders. It happened with less than a minute left too.

Craziest $100 I ever won.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Being absolutely crushed as no other football loss has done to me before or since, when Dallas lost SBXIII. I was in fifth grade.

Draft saved Draft deleted