1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Spouse's Most Hated Purchase

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Re: You're Spouse's Most Hated Purchase

She wasn't even happy that the women's bathroom line at the concert was nil?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Lordy, my spending is not the financial issue at my house.

I once asked my wife of about six months, straight up, if she had a drug habit. It's the only reasonable explanation I could come up with for our burn rate.

I have to admit I've been pretty careful about significant expenses since we got married in 2004. But, eventually, I'm buying the biggest damned TV I can afford. For me.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

$400 on a lens would only get you mockery for your cheapness in the shooter household. We like our gear expensive.

;)

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's times like this where bachelor life isn't too bad.

Of course, I sprang for tickets for both a Rush and a Genesis concert this summer. That might make me a target for some women, but for me, there's no better 1-2 punch musically.

Other than those two things and another hockey sweater, I've been very frugal ... might explain my personal life, eh?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My shoe budget has driven almost every man I've dated nuts. That's really my only extravangence (sp).

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Fixed.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

She spent low four figures on a purebred dog. I bought a motorcycle. She spends $4.72 a day at Starbucks; I just bought a $65 bottle of Scotch. We're pretty even on financial ridiculousness.

8. Mira

Mira Member

I tolerate my hubby's frequent rounds of golf. He lets me buy wine and champagne pretty much whenever I want. I'm talking good bubbly.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I want a shot at the belt. Any place, any time, any kind of match you want, Race.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I don't sweat you. ;)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

ha...true, and I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about photography. Never even took a point-and-click on an assignment and I only get to use her camera if she's going to be in the shot.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Something I noticed while reading repsonses: We have a lot of Rush fans on this board.

Draft saved Draft deleted