1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your sports bucket list

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

- An F1 race at Spa, Monza, or Monaco
    - Do a lap around the old Nurburgring
    - A game at Lambeau

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

-- Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway for obvious reasons. Finally got to see the Yankees play when they were in Cincinnati in 2010.
    -- A Super Bowl. Doesn't matter which teams are playing.
    -- Army-Navy game
    -- North Carolina-Duke at Cameron
    -- Final round of the British Open
    -- Final day at Wimbledon
    -- Any game at Wrigley Field
    -- A Final Four weekend

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm pretty damn lucky in this regard. My top three would be F1 races at Spa and Monza and seeing the Ducks in the Rose Bowl. I've done all three.

Next summer I'll knock out number four: the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Beyond that, I'd love to see an Ajax home game in Amsterdam. I've toured the stadium in the off-season but it's not the same.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Michigan-OSU at the Big House.
    Kentucky Derby with the rich folks.
    Duke-UNC at Cameron.
    Cleveland Browns in the Super Bowl.
    Final Four with great tickets.
    Masters.
    See Nick Punto hit a homer in person. :D

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Winter Olympics
    An FC Barcelona game -- against Real Madrid would be cool.
    Michigan-OSU at Michigan
    America's Cup
    Tour de France

Coolest one off my bucket list, if I had ever made one, that I have done was the Kentucky Derby -- went last minute with friends who have gone ever year for decades and somebody couldn't make it. Did the Oaks and the Derby, great seats and really fun people. Great setting.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

-- attend an Army-Navy game
    -- attend a baseball All-Star game
    -- A day at Wimbledon or the French Open
    -- see Iowa play in the Rose Bowl

That last one almost happened after the 2002 season. In fact, the stars were aligned for me and it WOULD have happened if not for the absurdity of the BCS sending the Hawkeyes and USC Trojans to play in Miami.

I've hated the BCS ever since.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

-- A Super Bowl
    -- An NCAA Division I-A (FBS if you insist) football game at the home stadium of a university that gives a shit about football (The only one I've attended was one at Kansas versus Iowa State, which was played in late November on a cloudy, cold day and had zero atmosphere) or Army-Navy since I have to think that atmosphere is incredible, no matter how the teams are doing that year.
    -- An Australian Rules football game
    -- A day game at Wrigley
    -- Any game at Lambeau
    -- A World Series game (now that I've been able to cross the All-Star Game off the list)
    -- Watching either of my nephews play in a varsity game in whatever sport they choose during their time in high school (Not especially easy at the moment since I live 7 hours away from them).

8. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

Done.......EPL game. Only went to one. So happy I attended. London match. West ham vs. arsenal. I was on the Hammers home side. Streets were closed, Arsenal fans got off the train, walked a gauntlet of about 5 blocks to the stadium. Swat teams lining the street. Video cameras on top of the swat trucks led them into the grounds. Match over, the road fans remained in place for about 30 minutes after and then directed out by the police directly to the station, no stopping. Even as a home side patron, behind the goal, it was sardine packed, with only egress three doors to the street for about 10,000 fans. I was nervous. My host told me, "do not make eye contact with anybody in our section."

9. joe

joe Active Member

Run with the bulls in Pamplona.

I've been to Wrigley countless times for daytime Cards-Cubs games. Been to Fenway. Partied in New Orleans during 1999 Mardi Gras and on my honeymoon.

There's not much out there that's true bucket list worthy. I just don't care that much about sports in general as I used to. I care about the teams I like, but more in a "that would be nice" kind of way than like it's life or death. I'd like to see Mizzou in the Final Four, the Chiefs in the Super Bowl (or, hell, during a winning playoff season) and the Cardinals in the World Series. Maybe a stroll through The Grove when Mizzou plays Ole Miss. See Eli Manning snap his fucking leg like Theismann; can't stand that fucker.

Don't care about the NHL (been), soccer, minor league baseball (been), auto racing, horse racing (I lived in Kentucky for two years; had to work the desk both Derbys I was there; rather go to Ellis Park or Portland's track and play the horses), golf (although heckling golfers at the 17th at TPC would be cool), any bowl game that doesn't involve Mizzou.

So, run with the bulls. That's about it.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good topic. Here's mine:

• See all 30 MLB teams play at home (I'm up to 18 right now)
    • a Super Bowl
    • an MLB All-Star Game
    • the Indy 500
    • the Kentucky Derby
    • The Masters (any round, but ideally the final round)
    • Attend a game in every SEC football stadium (I had it crossed off until Missouri and Texas A&M joined the league)
    • the major college football rivalry games: Ohio State-Michigan, Texas-Oklahoma, Florida-Georgia, Notre Dame-USC & Army-Navy (I've been to Alabama-Auburn & Alabama-Tennessee several times each)

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, Joe, you just reminded me of one I missed.

--being wherever Versatile is when Missouri beats Alabama in football.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Tiggers gonna need to be packing heat. Or at least iron clubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted