1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your sports bucket list

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Dec 8, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Some of the posts on the Army-Navy thread suggest that the game is one of those things to do at least once in your life. My sports bucket list:
    --Watch a Premier League game in the stands after hanging out in a home-team bar before the game, and then hanging out in a home-team bar after the game.
    --Attending the Sugar Bowl (actually an adjunct to my overall bucket list item of wanting to party in New Orleans).
    --A road trip to several minor league ballparks.
    --Following Tiger Woods for a round of golf.
    --A day at Wimbledon.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Just one: Attend a Super Bowl.

Or unless I really come into some crazy money, follow the Texans around for an entire season.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Game Seven of a Stanley Cup Final.

Final round of the British Open.

All Blacks rugby game just to see the Haka

Tour of ECHL rinks.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Too bad you'll have to leave town for that.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Sunday singles at the Ryder Cup, preferably in Europe.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, ye of little faith.

Wait, I take that back.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Be careful of this one.

I drank with Prem League fans of a certain team I like before, after and during a friendly here in the US this summer. Could. Not. Keep. Up. At. All. And boy did they let me know it. Even after the postgame drinking, they wanted to go clubbing. I bailed and hung my head in shame.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Masters
    Fenway Park
    Wrigley Field
    Play Pebble Beach
    Hole-in-one

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

An Ole Miss football game

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Already seen the Braves play in the World Series twice, and seen Michigan in the Rose Bowl — although my team lost all three times — so the last on my bucket list among my teams is to see the Packers play in a Super Bowl one day. (Of course, they'd probably lose, too.)

On the same token, haven't yet seen games at the Big House or Lambeau, so I have to get up there soon.

Other sporting events high on my list:

- A knockout game in the World Cup, preferably at a historic stadium somewhere
    - A Premier League game (don't care where, but preferably Old Trafford or Anfield or White Hart Lane)
    - An NPB game in Japan at Koshien Stadium, and one at the Tokyo Dome
    - Rangers-Bruins game at Madison Square Garden
    - Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs
    - Australian Open at Melbourne Park

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

attend a rose bowl that the huskies win.

12. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

amazing to know that I have already knocked off many items on the buckets lists of others. I've been to Lambeau and Wrigley, followed Tiger for a round (though following Phil and Jon Daly were more impressive) and partied in NOLA. Go me.

My list is a premiership game (preferably at Emerites though Anfield would be interesting just to see 45,000 people sing "You Never Walk Alone")
    Warroad vs Roseau hockey
    Milan basketball
    first round NCAA basketball games
    Saturday night game at LSU

Also I want to have season tickets to a team I care about. Doesn't matter what sport, but just to be there in person for each home game of a season. I'm not even sure it would matter if it was a good season or a bad one. I just want to see the way the year would unfold.

Draft saved Draft deleted