1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your snake tastes lovely

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beanpole, Aug 24, 2007.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

These people have serious issues:

BELFAST, Northern Ireland (AP) _ A Northern Ireland man bit off the head of his girlfriend's pet snake during a fight and remarked that it "tasted lovely," lawyers testified Friday.
    Shane Cooke, a 33-year-old bricklayer, was arraigned in Belfast High Court on charges of assaulting his girlfriend, Coleen McGleenon, and fatally torturing her royal python Aug. 4.
    McGleenon's lawyers said he headbutted her twice and picked up her pet, put it in his mouth, and threw its severed head at her. "Your snake tasted lovely," he was quoted as saying.
    Cooke's lawyer, Adrian Higgins, said his client admitted both offenses and had attacked the snake because he knew his girlfriend loved it. He said Cooke, from the border village of Keady, had been consuming alcoholic drinks for several hours before the attack.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I can't imagine even picking the snake up, let alone biting its head off. How drunk was this guy?

3. McLovin

McLovin New Member

We Irish are an amazing people.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Only in Belfast ...

5. vicd

vicd Active Member

Arrested?
    "But it's only a snake."

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

he headbutted her twice. I'm guessing a rugby player? Or at least a football hooligan ...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck, the Micks got nothing on the Scots. Wasn't it a Scottish guy who cut off his own balls to pay off a soccer bet?

THAT'S drunk.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I was expecting another Jenna Jameson thread.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wrote a column on that when I was in college. It was a rugby fan. The dude's name is Geoff Huish. Here's what I wrote in my piece; forgive the writing. I've improved a bit in the three years since.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, if it was a Welsh rugby fan, that's a horse of a different color entirely.

Didn't legend hold it was 22 consecutive double whiskeys that did Dylan Thomas in?

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

His Wiki page said 18.

"An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do." - Dylan Thomas

Draft saved Draft deleted