1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Simplest Life Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 17, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I love naps. Even at work I’ll take a 15-20 one at lunch in my car. So refreshing.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A solo interstate drive is among my simple pleasures, and that will usually include a rest-stop afternoon nap.

Wenders, exmediahack, Batman and 3 others like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

On those lines, taking the back roads. When I'm in no rush, I much prefer seeing less development than the freeway vistas.

maumann likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I nap every day in my ride while listening to MLB Radio. Big pillow and everything.

qtlaw and maumann like this.
  5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Freshly mowed yard does it for me, with an impossibly cold beer or fresh lemonade downed while admiring my handiwork.

Same with looking over my vegetable garden, overflowing with plump tomatoes, peppers and lettuce right after I give it a nice weeding. Bonus points if I'm watching water from our rain barrels giving it a good drink.

Scout, Batman and misterbc like this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

A bubble bath when the water is the perfect temperature, with a great paperback in hand and a glass of wine.
    The first night sleeping on clean, fresh sheets.
    That first day in April when the temperature is just right and you don't need a jacket.
    Placing text in InDesign and having it come out to just the perfect length. (Okay this has never happened to me, but I assume it's amazing when it does.)

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to a show tonight to see a Yacht Rock cover group. Holy. Freakin. Cow.
    That might be the best time I've had in a long time.

misterbc and qtlaw like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cigarette, coffee or beer, on the beach, alone with a good book

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Man, I understand people read at the beach, but that’s not for me. I’m sitting under an umbrella drinking Corona (only on the beach; never anywhere else) and people watching. If I’m there long enough, I create the back stories to the folks I watch, tending toward the dark and macabre, the seedy and twisted, the banal and dull.

misterbc and Batman like this.
  10. John

John Well-Known Member

A long run in the rain is almost always a delight. I feel like a kid again. Did it the other night -- it was on the chilly side but I still had a blast.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

When Mrs. Wilson and I were in Hawaii (back when I was in the SID world and our basketball team played there), we were about to get on a city bus to go to dinner, and I watched a middle-aged dad, who was there with his wife and kids, as he watched a young lady run to catch the bus just as it was about to leave. I've started a short story based on what I saw, with his backstory being he's a former college football player who got injured, his girlfriend go pregnant and this is not where he wanted to be at this point in his life. I have no idea how to write fiction, so I haven't gotten more than a couple of pages written.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Striding up onto the throne-like chair and settling in for a long, thorough shoeshine from a bootblack who takes pride in his work.

qtlaw and Flip Wilson like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted