1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your rights as a journo at a crime scene ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, Sep 25, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I spent my fourth night on the job as cubbette reporter in the clink. Well, not the whole night, but a few hours after the sheriff gave us a tip that INS and other Feds were going to bust a large hispanic area for illegals.

Two guys in suits asked me to leave, I stood on the sidewalk and said I was on public property. The local PIO was then sent over to cuff me and toss me in the back of his car.

Fucking G-men.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Two Grannies, One Cup is tremendously disturbing.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm guessing the car looked something like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

The cop did let me pose for a picture with him:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You can't be in the crime scene unless they say you can.

You can be in the nearest public spot to it. Find a sidewalk or street and fire away.

They can arrest you, but even the biggest asshole cop I know -- and I know a few of them -- wouldn't do it unless you completely fucking pissed him or her off.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't show up at a scene with a Kodak disc or what point-and-shoot you came with.

A police officer doesn't care that you need a closeup because your camera sucks. Maybe the cop thought you were some type of blogger.

Draft saved Draft deleted