1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your prom song...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Who got laid on prom night?

That was one of my more memorable romps as a youngster, but I had a long-term girlfriend so it wasn't altogether unexpected.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

HIghway to Hell -- AC/DC

Actually in the mighty class of 1988, we tried to make that the prom song and also the class song.
    It seems like it was full of fail but it was 20 years ago and I don't remember.
    At my school, the junior class paid for the Senior/Junior prom and that year, the class of '89 was full of fail and didn't have any money. To decorate the cafertiorium (SP? the combined cafeteria and auditorium) they put trash bags up on the walls and since we all knew they didn't have any cash, no one rented tuxes or went all out. Well a few did, I guess.
    I remember going by and checking it out, being disgusted and then going to the girlfriend's house to pick her up and going to the big town down the road for dinner.
    I'm 99.9 percent it was that town's version of the Sizzler. They had a giant block of cheese that you cut slices from. How first class is that?
    It seems like after, we went to the park, to make out and she smoked some pot. Then I took her home.
    So I skipped my prom and I also never saw the school annual for that year either. I also fell asleep at my class graduation.
    Me and 1988 = Fail.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

that's goddamn fuckin right!!!

The other choices, if I recall correctly, included "Wonderful Tonight" (sorry Ragu but it's cliche, plus, the song is anything but romantic) and Ozzy's "Goodbye To Romance," which was just a horrible, horrible idea. think there was a Journey song in there too but Tesla was less overplayed at that point so I voted for that. And the rumor is that the future best man at my wedding, who was on the Student Council, rigged the balloting to ensure Tesla won. Muahahaha.

I remember the no. 1 song the week of our prom was "More Than Words" by Extreme. That got played a lot that night.

there was no nookie for me, I went with a good friend whom I'd blown...........my chances with in sophomore Spanish class. too bad. She was a world-class ballet dancer. What the fuck, I fucking blew that. I'm now going to go beat my head against a wall until I pass out.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I got nothin' either, don't worry.

I'm amazed that you can remember the other choices.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Junior Prom = "If I Could Turn Back Time"
    [​IMG]

Don't remember what the official Senior Prom song was but there was a grassroots campaign for "I Remember You" by Skid Row.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still have the glass we got at the prom in my old bedroom. It houses 15 years worth of concert stubs.

If I dared bring it home, it'd end up in the garbage. You know how it goes. Women. :D :D :D

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I think I still have mine, or if I don't, I didn't get trashed until recently.

I do remember hearing "More Than Words" as my date drove me to the prom. "Winds of Change" too. ;)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Knowing your hometown, I'm shocked — shocked! — it wasn't "Freebird."

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Knowing the all-white country club where you went to high school, I'm surprised to hear that your class was full of fail. Oh wait, I'm not.
    Your class band, Cracker.
    And I guess my class was more big hair metal bands than Southern rock.
    Motley Crue rulez!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ouch, Jay. That stung.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Now THAT reeks of fail.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't go away mad, Forever_Town. Just go away. :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted