1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your preference: one thing at a time or multi-tasking?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pringle, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Like many of you I'm sure, I wake up today with several stories to write, other stories to proof, and other duties to attend to, on and off the job.

Wondering how others go about these days - do you knock out one story at a time, methodically? Or do you do a little here, a little there, feel like you're getting a little done on each one so the pile doesn't seem so daunting?

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

One at a time, spread out over the day.

Say I have a notebook, feature and a game to cover in one night.

I'll do the notebook early in the day, get my juices charged and my brain working.

I'll do the feature right when I get into the office, when my mind is in more of a "Gary Smith" mode.

Cover the game last, well because it comes last.

I proof/design/copy edit as need be.

3. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

With producing copy I do things one at a time. In fact, I very rarely write part of a story and then come back to it. I find that it generally turns out shitty when I do that. With layout/design I'll do a little at a time. Not sure that makes any sense, but it works for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted