1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your perfect woman (or man)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 12, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Obviously, this is intended for those of us who aren't married or have a rather significant other in our lives...

What, in your mind, is the perfect woman, or man? What does that special someone have to have to really get your heart aflutter?

I can honestly say that in my adulthood -- hell, even in the last year or so that I've had Little Man on a full-time basis -- what I consider the "perfect" woman has changed because of the shifting circumstances in my own life.

But as of this very moment, here it is: She has to have a sense of humor. Dry, sarcastic, over the top...doesn't matter. But she MUST enjoy laughing and smiling and finding humor in almost anything.

She must be intelligent. This has become so huge, recently. She has to be able to converse on a variety of subjects.

Passion. I need a woman who can appreciate the almost overwhelming passion I have for certain music, movies, books, emotions...

Cooking. I don't expect a woman to cook for me, but I absolutely want a woman who either likes to eat a variety of different things and can also help me learn how to improve MY cooking skills (which have gotten damned good in the last two years, if I say so myself).

Sports. She must love sports, of one kind or another. I'm not a big basketball fan, but when that's all that's going on in the sports world, I want her to be as interested in seeing SportsCenter highlights as me.

Patience. I'm still trying to figure out who I am and what I want, so she has to be willing to accept a bit of uncertainty in the mind of the person she's with.

Sharing me. By this I mean I need a woman who will understand that there are nights when I just want it to be Little Man and me, playing with our light sabers and Hot Wheels cars and watching old Tom and Jerry episodes. Or nights when he's not here (they're getting rarer and rarer) that I just want to have a little alone time, watching a marathon of movies and downing a bottle of Nobilo.

Ok...does this read too much like a personals piece? Sorry. Not my intention. But in my quest to understand myself better, I'm realizing I also need to understand other people better, as well.

So share, if you dare, what makes up your ideal of a perfect lover.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A penis and no addiction issues. I'm a simple woman.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

In a nutshell, my ideal man is someone who makes me want to give up playing softball but someone who would never ask me to stop playing.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Naturally blonde pubes is a good start.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow....

Although, with the addiction issue, you probably rule out about 99.99 percent of the men on the planet.

Hell, even I have a couple of addictions: this site, the Simpsons, passion and my son.

Can't have everything, I guess.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Doc...while I certainly can appreciate the love you feel for her, you guys are married, right?

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The thing I noticed about my wife really early on was that she didn't play games and she wasn't manipulative.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Thanks for your ace reading comprehension, Doc.

9. Clever username

Stop spinning those lies. Don't give the rest of us false hope.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, I can appreciate and applaud the fact that you were incredibly fortunate to find a fantastically good woman.

It's the rest of us who are lacking, tho....

11. Clever username

Well, at least we know that spup likes guys with short fuses.

12. Ned

Ned New Member

Funny, cultured, independent, curious and understanding of the time demands of my job. If she likes sports that's fine, but since I seldom talk or think about sports outside of my job, I have no problem if she doesn't know a flea-flicker from a ground-rule double.

Oh, and of course she should be about 5-foot-9 with a smokin' body.

Draft saved Draft deleted