1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your odd childhood fears

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Apr 19, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Fantasy Baseball Comparison: The Washington Nationals, or Kyle Farnsworth.

Mega fail. ;D

2. lono

lono Active Member

Clown cars filled with midgets.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Wasps/bees/hornets. Still have that fear to this day.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Crap, I forgot about Genesis' "Land of Confusion" video.

I was six and should have realized it was all 80's cheese (Hi BYH! :D), but those puppets freaked me out. Still do.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't really enjoy being alone in the house. Every time I heard a noise, I'd think there was an intruder, which would freak me out a little bit.

Twenty years later, I still despise living alone, but I'd actually welcome an intruder or two every once in a while.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Me, too! That movie, plus Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. To this day, I can't watch either of those movies without getting nightmares.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Thunderstorms and this dude who drove around a paneled van in our neighborhood. He had a big sign on the back that said, "Danger High Voltage." Really creepy.

8. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Thunderstorms, being alone in my parents' house and roller coasters

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

When I was a tyke, I was afraid the floor would turn into an ocean and Jaws was waiting for me.

Now, all that scares me are the dumb f&*^ing drivers in my town.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You don't live alone. You have Cory, Shawn, Topanga, Eric, Amy, Alan, Morgan and Mr. Feeney hanging out with you.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and to answer the question...fireworks scared the shit out of me as a kid. I was OK for a few years, but at 7 or 8, we were at the 4th of July fireworks downtown and I started crying like a sissy. I can still pinpoint exactly where I was sitting in the park when I realized I hated fireworks.

the summer before my senior year, I decided I was going to go to the fireworks, but I had to work or something so I didn't go. That was the year fireworks skidded into the crowd and blinded a bunch of people. That was it for me and fireworks anywhere near me...though in the last few years I've grinned and bore it at post-game fireworks displays following minor league games with my wife.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But they never talk to me. They're always "busy" with their own problems. But what do I get when I talk about the woman who's yanking my (figurative) cord? Shawn talking about the pig he named "Little Cory." Sure, it's funny. But I'm a selfish guy, and I want the camera pointed on me from time to time.

Draft saved Draft deleted