1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your NFL opening weekend games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JBHawkEye, Mar 31, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Apparently, since only two of those teams were any good last year.

2. Complain all you want. You guys all know that each one of us will probably watch at least two of those games. I'll probably watch them all.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

... and I bang my head on my desk in disgust as the networks' infatuation with putting the Denver Broncos in primetime games continues. I just don't get it.

And no Patriots for the opening weekend featured games? Interesting.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

... ESPN's Chris Mortensen has learned ...

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) Youth coaches throughout The Great Land can teach their charges how to chop block.
    2) Those who are bent on appearance can figure out how Mike Shanahan can look almost as orange as the trim on the Donkeys' uniforms in the middle of December in Denver.
    3) We can all watch Shanahan fail, and subsequently watch him fire someone on his staff for his failings. Guess it helps to be buddies with the owner.
    4) To watch flashbacks of John Elway, whom the Donkeys still seem to hope will drink from the Fountain of Youth and recapture his rightful place behind center.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The Bears will beat the Colts in their first game at their new home. Book it.

7. Rex Grossman not playing?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm guessing Orton will win the starting job. And with a healthy Urlacher, Briggs not focused on playing, not moving on, and, hopefully, a revamped offensive line, the Bears will be formidable this year.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Vikes-Packers game is the only one I'm interested to see at this point.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Captain Neckbeard is supposed to be the answer to the Bears' QB problems it's going to be a long year in Chicago.

11. The Bears should stop postponing the inevitable and give Vinny Testaverde a call before the season even starts.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I think AP might have something to do with this game being on TV. I'm also happy that the Vikes get their game at Lambeau out of the way in the opening week.

Draft saved Draft deleted