1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your new NFL franchise (almost): the Toronto Bills

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Apr 29, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you for backing me up on that. I knew they could have sold out, but I didn't have the numbers.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

#25 payroll played in the World Series last year.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True, but to think that your supply of seats will consistently be above your demand for tickets if you have an 80,000 seat stadium in the Arctic Circle might be a little foolish.

You want some waiting list for tickets so you can jack up the prices.

For example, look at the new Yankee Stadium.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Nice try.

Survey says!...

XXX

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Even Giants Stadium is downgrading the number of seats in their new stadium.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Green Bay has sold out every game since 1959. They will continue to do so and the wait list will always be long.

7. rube

rube Active Member

Well 50 or 60,000 Canadians will clearly disagree with you eight times over the next five years.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

With all this money, the Bills can make sure all of their key players have valid passports so they don't get stuck at the border.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Packers have a waiting list. Lambeau Field is just as arctic as Buffalo. And yet the fans still flock there religiously.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True, and they might be the only cold climate franchise that can pull that off.

I do not think Pittsburgh could.

Washington can, but that is more to the size of the city they play.

The Packers have a lot more titles, and many more generations to establish the fan base than the Bills.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I don't know much about the Bills' inner workings and I'm too lazy to look it up. Have their ticket sales or attendance slumped or fallen off over the past, say, five years?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Even back to the Super Bowl years the Bills always marketed hevaily in southern Ontario and at one point were selling 10,000 tickets a week in this market.

As for the weather issue, I've been to many Bills games in sub-zero temps and believe me, just like in Green Bay, the fans thrive on it. Dress for it, drink for it and you'll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted